“Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart”
-Kahlil Gibran

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Solution For Dry Winter Skin

If you’re like me, your skin gets super dry in the winter time. Luckily, there’s a great natural solution that not only works but is also super cheap! My absolute favorite dry skin remedy is an olive oil sugar scrub. It makes my skin super soft and is super moisturizing!  I’ve posted the recipe I use below:


Olive Oil Scrub:
  • 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil (MUST be extra-virgin)
  • ½ cup of granulated sugar
  • 2 tablespoons of honey
  • Mix it together and put in a plastic container.
There are several uses for this. I love to use it on my face before I go to bed. Just spread over face (don’t scrub as it can be a little harsh and avoid eye area). Leave it on for a few minutes and the rinse off. You can also use this as a body scrub. I like to use it on my legs before I shave. I find it gives me a much closer shave. It’s also great to use on your hands, feet, and even lips. Olive oil has so many amazing benefits. Click on the following link to find out more: Olive-Oil Benefits
Enjoy your amazing skin!


PS: I recommend using this on your face about three times a week. You don’t want to over exfoliate. On nights you don’t want to exfoliate, just spread the oil from the mixture over your face and the rinse off. 


credit to Michelle Phan for original recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog