“Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart”
-Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wet n’ Wild Review

Walgreens was having a sale on Wet N’ Wild products, so of course I couldn’t resist picking up a few things. After giving them a good test run, I thought it would be nice to review them for you.

Natural Wear Lip Shimmers

I bought these thinking that it would be a sheer lip tint. Boy was I surprised! These are actually very highly pigmented. They give a really nice color and a lot of shimmer. The color does last for quite awhile, they are moisturizing, and have a slight minty taste. I bought these in three shades: 107, 105, and 108 (I hate how wet n’ wild doesn’t put proper names on their products). The problem with these is that the color on the cap does not truthfully reflect the color of the product. I thought shade 107 would be more brown (I think the name of this one is cocoa), but it actually turned out to be a nice plum color. Although it wasn’t what I expected, this one turned out to be my favorite shade. I’ve been wearing it almost everyday. 105 is a bit of an orangey shade. Not too crazy about that one. and 108 is more of a red-orange shade. My only complaint is that some of the shades are a bit orangey. But I know a lot of you won’t mind this. There are also two pinkish colors that range from a really light pink to a darker one. I might try one of those two shades next. These were only $2.00 which I think is a pretty good deal. Definitely check these out!

Mega Eyes

I bought this in the blue shade. I finally decided to step out of my comfort zone and try out some blue eye shadow. Blue eye shadow has always been something that I’ve been scared of. This palate appealed to me because I didn’t really want to spend a lot of money on colors that I might not like. I think this was around $3.00 or so. The compact has a slide out mirror that is a lot bigger than what you typically get. However, I’ll probably never use this since I always use a magnification mirror to apply eye makeup with. None the less, I thought it was pretty cool. The compact comes with three colors. a turquoise color for the eyelid, a purplish blue color for the crease, and white eye shadow for the brow bone. All the colors are very shimmery. The pigmentation is about what you would expect from something in this price range. It wasn’t great, but I’ve seen a lot worse. I did notice that the quality of the darker blue color was a bit lower than the turquoise color. I wanted to use the darker blue as an eyeliner, but the color kind of fell apart when I used my angled eyeliner brush to apply it. It just didn’t go on smooth at all. I would say that these palates are worth checking out. Just don’t expect to be “wowed” by them. I might try out some of the other shades though.

Let me know if you’ve tried other Wet N’ Wild products and have been pleased with the results. I’m fairly new to the brand and would like to know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog